Problems with NDOUtils

Mikael Fridh frimik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 07:23:33 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Ronaldo A. Bueno Filho
<ronaldobf at linkway.com.br> wrote:

> Hi people!
>
> I've installed Nagios 3.0.2 on my Debian 4. I also installed NDOUtils 1.4b7.
> The problem is related with NDOUtils. I can not populate the nagios
> database. I followed all steps and rechecked everything. According to my
> serach, probably there is a bug. (Not sure).

[...]

> [1220472069] ndomod: Error writing to data sink!  Some output may get
> lost...
> [1220472085] ndomod: Successfully reconnected to data sink!  0 items lost,
> 84 queued items to flush.
> [1220472085] ndomod: Successfully flushed 84 queued items to data sink.
> [1220472085] ndomod: Error writing to data sink!  Some output may get
> lost...
> [1220472101] ndomod: Successfully reconnected to data sink!  0 items lost,
> 80 queued items to flush.
> [1220472101] ndomod: Successfully flushed 80 queued items to data sink.
> [1220472101] ndomod: Error writing to data sink!  Some output may get
> lost...
> [1220472117] ndomod: Successfully reconnected to data sink!  0 items lost,
> 80 queued items to flush.
> [1220472117] ndomod: Successfully flushed 80 queued items to data sink.
> [1220472117] ndomod: Error writing to data sink!  Some output may get
> lost...

Check the permissions/ownership on your ndo configuration files, I'd
created an rpm the other day with too strict permissions on these
files that made ndo unable to read them. It doesn't really alert you
about it, it just goes along with default values.

--
Fridh