[Nagiosplug-help] Host monitoring

Andy Shellam andy-lists at networkmail.eu
Tue Oct 28 01:28:24 CET 2008

Hi Marc,

Marc Powell wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Grant Lowe wrote:
> ----- cut ------
>
>> [1225115861] SERVICE NOTIFICATION: glowe;blarney;Check Remote Zombie
>> Processes;CRITICAL;notify-host-by-email;PROCS CRITICAL: 29 processes
>> with STATE = Z
>> [1225119461] SERVICE NOTIFICATION: glowe;blarney;Check Remote Zombie
>> Processes;CRITICAL;notify-host-by-email;PROCS CRITICAL: 43 processes
>> with STATE = Z

Good catch!  I'm guessing that "notify-host-by-email" should actually be
"notify-service-by-email" - e.g. a host problem notification is being
sent out for a service alert, which is why it's confusing because the
host is actually up, it's a failing service.

Grant, look at your contact/contact group settings for the service
notification command - it should be notify-service-by-email.

Regards,

Andy