[Nagios-users] Nagios client merge NSCA/NRPE

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Oct 21 12:10:08 CEST 2008

Bo Philip Larsen wrote:
> I need to find a client to use with nagios, it should be using
> passive communication like "nsca", it also should use standard nagios
> plugins and be configured with an nrpe.cfg like syntax it would be
> nice if each service check could be scheduled individual in the
> client configfile without using cron
>
> The client will be used on various *nix systems
>
> Does anyone know if that type of client exists or have anyone a clue
> or interest in developing this ?

I've been thinking about developing something like that for quite
some time now; "NaRC - Nagios Remote Checking system" but haven't
quite found the time (or the inclination) to do so. Is there a
bounty of some sort? It would help explaining to my girlfriend why
I need to spend my evenings hacking ;-)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se