Nagios client merge NSCA/NRPE

Bo Philip Larsen boph at tdchosting.dk
Mon Oct 20 16:02:55 CEST 2008

I need to find a client to use with nagios, it should be using passive communication like "nsca", it also should use standard nagios plugins and be configured with an nrpe.cfg like syntax it would be nice if each service check could be scheduled individual in the client configfile without using cron.

The client will be used on various *nix systems

Does anyone know if that type of client exists or have anyone a clue or interest in developing this ?

The background: we are using nagios in a distributed network with nrpe on 1000+ hosts and a company merges have given us 2000+ hosts more using various monitoring systems like bigb using passive communication and the active communication is on an option for now. We are using nagconf (http://nagconf.naguser.dk) as configtools and would like to be able to config/manage the monitoring on all servers and clients from a central site.

Regards

Bo