contacts.cfg error.

frank ratty at they.org
Thu Oct 16 03:16:20 CEST 2008

No, you have defined a _contact_. One part of the contact definition is a
pointer to the notify-by-email command which is not defined.

Here is a sample. It came from the misccommands.cfg file that was part of
the RPM I installed from fedora.

# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
         command_name    notify-by-email
         command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
}

-f