Check_website_fingerprint ?

Jon Angliss jon at netdork.net
Tue Oct 14 10:10:49 CEST 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:38:34 -0400 (EDT), "Brian A. Seklecki"
<lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org> wrote:

>All:
>
>Anyone have a nice plugin to valid a website's contents against a
>cryptographic fingerprint (e.g., defamation/content manipulation check)?

tripwire, or some such app?  I think here is a nagios plugin for
tripwire.

>nagiosexchange.org says no.
>
>I was thinking something simple with PHP+SimpleXML+mhash. Take the
>expected fingerprint as $argv[1] and the URL as $argv[0].
>
>The tricky part is exempting dynamically generated content from the
>checksum.

If you're working with dynamic content, I'd give up trying to test it
through the web server, and test the files themselves.

A slight alternative is something like this:

http://members.aol.com/EJNBell/pgp-www.html

You can pgp sign your html portions of the code, and blank out the
dynamic stuff... That becomes quite complex sometimes.

--
Jon Angliss