How-to debug a NAGIOS-not-sending-email problem ?

Francis Dube nagios at optiksecurite.com
Wed Oct 8 18:18:37 CEST 2008

Few things to check :
1- In your service definition, check the following : contact_groups,
notification_period, notification_enabled 1.
2- In your contact definition, check the following :
host_notification_period, service_notification_period,
host_notification_commands, service_notification_commands,
host_notification_options, service_notification_options and email.
3- In your contact group definition, be sure you have the right members
4- If you are using custom timeperiod for your notification,
double-check them.

Francis Dube
R&D
Optik Securite