After switching to Nagios 2.9, Nagios Checker always asking for credentials

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Oct 3 23:20:36 CEST 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 2:27 PM, Kustner, Tom wrote:

> ·       This has apparently been bugged at http://code.google.com/p/nagioschecker/issues/detail?id=56&colspec=Stars%20ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Summary%20Opened%20Modified%20Closed
> .  However, this does not mean that the problem is ultimately in the
> plug-in itself.  Perhaps I need to configure things differently.
> Does something need changing on the Nagios box itself?

If you can log into the nagios Web GUI without being re-prompted then
the problem would lie with the way nagioschecker is (not) storing your
credentials. Nagios itself doesn't have anything to do with the
authentication, apache does. There might be something in apache's
error log that could be a clue to the problem. I can't imagine how it
could be anything else but a nagioschecker related problem since it
_must_ send the auth information with every request. It appears to not
be doing that or sending incorrect auth information that apache is
rejecting.

Is your NC configuration such that it's using the browser's password
manager? If no, the plugin indicates that the auth information will be
saved in Firefox's configuration files. Maybe it's incorrect there.
Again, the apache logs will be helpful in showing what's being sent.

I've just tested with FF 3.0.3, NC 0.13 and Nagios 2.7 with no problems.

--
Marc