After switching to Nagios 2.9, Nagios Checker always asking for credentials

Kustner, Tom Tom.Kustner at RetirementPartner.com
Fri Oct 3 21:27:12 CEST 2008

Disclaimer: I'm a Nagios user, not the administrator.

*	Problem: When I was using the Nagios Checker version .13 against
our old Nagios 1.2 system, there were no problems.  However, since
switching to a newer Nagios 2.9 system, Nagios is always asking for
credentials whenever it wants to check.  If I have configured Nagios to
check five minutes, I am asked every five minutes for credentials.
*	This has apparently been bugged at
http://code.google.com/p/nagioschecker/issues/detail?id=56&colspec=Stars
%20ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Summary%20Opened%20Modified%20Closed.
However, this does not mean that the problem is ultimately in the
plug-in itself.  Perhaps I need to configure things differently.  Does
something need changing on the Nagios box itself?
*	I have tried various modifications of Nagios Checker
configurations to resolve the issue but with no luck.   Somehow, Nagios
used to cache my credentials but isn't now, perhaps?

Any suggestions?

-Tom Kustner-

The information contained in this message and any accompanying attachments may contain privileged, private and/or confidential information protected by state and federal law.  Penalties may be assessed for unauthorized use and/or disclosure.  This message and any attachments are intended for the designated recipient only.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and return or destroy the information.

This e-mail transmission and any attachments are believed to have been sent free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened. It is, however, the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the e-mail transmission and any attachments are virus free, and the sender accepts no responsibility for any damage that may in any way arise from their use.