3-D Status Map not working

Izz Abdullah izz_abdullah at inbox.com
Fri Oct 3 02:11:58 CEST 2008

Hi Rick,
I've also done this just to make Nagios "pretty" to the users and customize for our customers.  If you see the documentation, you must create the logos directory with 40x40 pixel png (other formats acceptable) for the VRML logos to work, also, this will create little logos in your regular status map as well as a pic next to the host in the summary page.  If I am not mistaken, you will need to put together a:
define hostextinfo{...} declaration, but it's all in the documentation.  Here is an example completely specific to my internal setup for APAC usage justification:
in the say...windows.cfg file:
define hostextinfo{
 host_name            #APAC-TEST #this should be the host you want
                      #the special pic for which is located in your logos directory in which you created
 notes                Test 2003 Domain Controller
 icon_image           Simpsons_couch_gag.jpg
 statusmap_image      Simpsons_couch_gag.jpg
 vrml_image           Simpsons_couch_gag.jpg
}

The icon, statusmap, and vrml image doesn't have to be the same, I just opted for the same...

Hope this helps.

Regards - Izz