Help with Monitoring Windows Machines

Izz Abdullah izz_abdullah at inbox.com
Wed Oct 1 21:45:39 CEST 2008

Hi Rick,

In your windows.cfg file ensure you have the following:

define hostgroup{
 hostgroup_name   allhosts
 alias            All my Hosts #whatever you want (e.g. allhosts, All my Hosts, Windows Servers)
 members          #put the hostname of the server you are monitoring here
}

I've also found you need to put in the templates.cfg file the following (at least, or maybe most :) )

define host{
 name                  All my Hosts #whatever you want to identify (as above)
 use                   generic-host
 check_period          24x7
 check_interval        5
 retry_interval        1
 max_check_attempts    10
 check_command         check-host-alive
 notification_period   24x7
 notification_interval 30
 notification_options  d,r
 contact_groups        admins
 hostgroups            allhosts
 register              0
}

Most of the templates.cfg portion is particular to my setup, change as necessary.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Izz