Distributed monitoring without direct network connection

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Fri Nov 28 16:35:26 CET 2008

Thanks for the plug, but Opsview is not really suitable for this. We
have distributed monitoring out-of-the-box, but it requires the
permanent connection between slaves and the master which Nick says he
hasn't got.

If you will have temporary connections (that go up and down), we have
been thinking whether we can do "batched results from slaves", though
this is quite a big job as it requires changes to a lot of components
(Nagios, NSCA, NDOutils, and our datawarehouse). Let us know if you
fancy sponsoring this work.

Otherwise, why can't you just have notifications from the other
servers? Do you need to correlate with your central server?

Ton