how to get rid of question marks in the status map? Nagios 3.0.5

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:00:52 CET 2008

Hi.  So what's the trick to getting rid of the question marks in the status map?

I've searched the list archives and see people have been having
trouble with this, but have not found a solution.

I've tried regenerating the GD2 files from the PNG using pngtogd2 but
I still have question marks in my status map.

cat hostextinfo.cfg

define hostextinfo{
        host_name       *
        icon_image      router40.png
        icon_image_alt  Firewall
        vrml_image      router40.png
        statusmap_image router40.gd2
        }

And in cgi.cfg, I have:

xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg

even though the Nagios 3 docs don't mention this directive.

Please help?

Thanks,
Aleksey

--