CheckEventLog Info

Mattias Ryrlén mattias.ryrlen at op5.com
Tue Nov 25 08:09:09 CET 2008

Hi Jonathan,

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 10:05 -0800, Jonathan Williams wrote:
> That is a great resource.  Thanks.  One question I have is on defining the $ARG1$ etc.
>
> For example:
>
> Check for errors by eventid in the last 2 hours.
> $ARG1$ = file to check ie. Application, Security, System
> $ARG2$ = Max Warn amount
> $ARG3$ = Max Critical amount
> $ARG4$ = eventID Number
>
> Than:  ./check_nrpe -H $HOSTNAME$ -c CheckEventLog -a filter=new file="$ARG1$" MaxWarn=$ARG2$ MaxCrit=$ARG3$ filter-generated=\<2h filter-eventID==$ARG4$ filter-eventType==error filter=in filter=all
>
> My question is where are these ARG's defined.  Where does NRPE know to lok to determince that ARG4= EventID.  Is there a config for that?  I looked through the different cfg. Files and didn't see that.

You have to define a checkcommand to use for this check, eg
check_eventid
$USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ .........

then you do a service that uses check_eventid with paramenters

defince service {
host ....
check_eventid <argvalue1>!<argvalue2>!<argvalue3>!<argvalue4>
}

--
Vänliga hälsningar / Best Regards
Mattias Ryrlén