check snmp

Steve Burton steve at sliderule.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 09:59:06 CET 2008

Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting:
>
> No services matching "10.1.192.10" found : CRITICAL
>
> Even though snmp is up.
>

> In command.cfg:
>
> define command{
>         command_name check_snmp_win
>         command_line $USER1$/check_snmp_win.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C public -2 -n $ARG1$
>         }
>

> In services.cfg:
> define  service {
>         use                             generic-service
>         host                            jupiter
>         service_description             snmp check
>         check_command                   check_snmp_win!$HOSTADDRESS$!snmp!
>         }
>

> ./check_snmp_win.pl -H jupiter -C public -2 -n snmp
> 1 services active (matching "snmp") : OK
>
> any idea?
>
> thank you

Melanie,

$HOSTADDRESS$ is not used in the service definition (it uses host_name
or hostgroup_name) so I would write:

In services.cfg:
define  service {
        host_name                       jupiter               <--- I changed this line
        service_description             snmp check
        check_command                   check_snmp_win!snmp   <--- and this line
        }

Steve