check_udp ?

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Tue Nov 18 16:26:45 CET 2008

> Opening a raw socket and continuously issuing
>
>   recv(sd, hdr, sizeof(hdr), MSG_PEEK)
>
> on it would be one (very quick) way of getting that data stored.
> It's not difficult, just pretty bloody useless most of the time.
> It's nearly always better to just rate-limit the traffic from the
> start or block it entirely.

thanks - we wanted to get this as there are some UDP comms that seem to
have ramped up due to buggy code causing other issues so it would have
been nice to be able to see if the rate of UDP queries could be alerted
on. You can get UDP recieved from netstat -su so issuing that in a loop
and comparing the results can be done but its nasty.