check_disk and autofs

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Nov 12 20:53:39 CET 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Alan McKay wrote:

> Hey folks,

Hey =) Welcome.

> I'm basically calling check_disk with -w -c and -p options.  e.g.
>
> check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /path/to/autofs/mountpoint/disk1
> check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /path/to/autofs/mountpoint/disk2
>
> I've also tried adding a trailing / to the end of the disk mount
> point.
>
> I went through the "check_disk -h" output and cannot find anything
> that might help.
>
> And most frustratingly, when I call check_disk manually from the BASH
> prompt, I always get the info I want - from the disk not the mount
> point!

This is good and tells me that either the command{} definition isn't
the same as your test or there are permission problems. Can you post
the relevant service{} and command{} definitions? Can you post the
permissions on the mountpoints? The nagios user should have rx access
to those directories and above.

Are you performing your test as the nagios/nrpe user on the remote
machine or as root? You shouldn't test as root as there can be
significant permission discrepancies compared to the nagios user.

--
Marc