check_disk and autofs

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 20:24:03 CET 2008

Hey folks,

First, thanks for such a great product.  Totally loving Nagios!   At
first I found the config really intimidating but after maybe 20 or 30
minutes I had a few hosts banged in and it was all downhill from
there.  It's amazingly easy now, I find!

But I'm having the following problem.  I searched the list archives
and did not find anything which matched this.

I want to use Nagios to check some specific autofs-mounted disks, and
report on them.   But what I"m getting back flips back and forth
between the info for the disk that I want, and the info for the mount
point.   I tried this first using NRPE to check it on a remote system,
then when that failed I tried it locally on the Nagios server with the
same results.

Note I cannot and do not want to check all autofs disks because I am
only concerned with a very small percentage of them which pertain to
my group.

I'm basically calling check_disk with -w -c and -p options.  e.g.

check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /path/to/autofs/mountpoint/disk1
check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /path/to/autofs/mountpoint/disk2

I've also tried adding a trailing / to the end of the disk mount point.

I went through the "check_disk -h" output and cannot find anything
that might help.

And most frustratingly, when I call check_disk manually from the BASH
prompt, I always get the info I want - from the disk not the mount
point!

thanks,
-Alan

--
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends"
                        - Abraham Lincoln