Monitoring telnet connections

Andy Shellam andy-lists at networkmail.eu
Sat Nov 1 10:05:16 CET 2008

Hi Machiel,

Is it something as simple as checking that the port on your
Windows/Linux box is alive and responding? If so the check_tcp plugin
will do that for you. You can also configure it to send a specific
string (e.g a login request) and expect a response back (e.g. a login
response.)

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_tcp --help

Regards,

Andy