Monitor web server run multiple virtual web site

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 30 21:36:46 CEST 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 1:12 PM, Victor Lanza wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a similar setup and same issue here and I'm trying to use
> check_http
> but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.
>
> I have IIS setup with multiple virtual sites with different IPs all
> running
> on the same port (80)
>

> My command is: check_http -H 10.10.5.12 -u http://10.10.5.111
>
> However I get the following results whether that site is up or down:
>
> HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 1828 bytes in 0.013 seconds...
>

> I really wanted to avoid having to create a host definition for each
> site.

suggestion --

define host {
	host_name	websites
	alias		Virtual Site Container
	address		127.0.0.1
}

define service {
	host_name	websites
	service_description	site-10.10.5.111
	check_command		check_http_sites!10.10.5.111
}
define service {
	host_name	websites
	service_description	site-othersite
	check_command		check_http_sites!10.10.5.200
}

define command {
	command_name		check_http_sites
	command_line		$USER1$/check_http -H $ARG1$ -u http://$ARG1$
}

The above assumes that your web server can properly answer for and
differentiate between http://10.10.5.111 and http://10.10.5.200 (or
whatever other address is valid).

--
Marc