Monitor web server run multiple virtual web site

Victor Lanza vicjalan at gmail.com
Fri May 30 20:12:23 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have a similar setup and same issue here and I'm trying to use check_http
but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

I have IIS setup with multiple virtual sites with different IPs all running
on the same port (80)

My command is: check_http -H 10.10.5.12 -u http://10.10.5.111

However I get the following results whether that site is up or down:

HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 1828 bytes in 0.013 seconds...

I really wanted to avoid having to create a host definition for each site.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Victor