[Nagios-users] Bug in 3.0.2 with service escalation contact groups

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Tue May 27 18:03:51 CEST 2008

Hi Andy,

Andy Shellam wrote:

> I'm more inclined to think that the service escalation is wrong in its
> behaviour, but then I could be wrong?

HostEscalation differs from ServiceEscalation as you can see in the
source code:

File: xdata/xodtemplate.c

For ServiceEscalation

Line: 10251 (for contactgroups)
for(contact_group=strtok(this_serviceescalation->contact_groups,",
");contact_group!=NULL;contact_group=strtok(NULL,", ")){

Line: 10265 (for contacts)
for(contact_name=strtok(this_serviceescalation->contacts,",
");contact_name!=NULL;contact_name=strtok(NULL,", ")){

For HostEscalation

Line: 10397 (for contactgroups)
for(contact_group=strtok(this_host->contact_groups,",");contact_group!=NULL;contact_group=strtok(NULL,",")){

Line: 10413 (for contacts)
for(contact_name=strtok(this_host->contacts,",");contact_name!=NULL;contact_name=strtok(NULL,",")){

The white-space is considered a field separator for "contact_groups" in
ServiceEscalation but not HostEscalation.

As an attachment is a patch which fixes this bug.

And for the records, somebody should cleanup the source code regarding
this field separator glitch. The white-space is considered a field
separator in a lot of places.

I'm not a C guru so I'm not sure if it's here on purpose or not and if
"fixing" it breaks backward-compatibility.

--
Mathie Gagné