Nagios 3 visual map

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Tue May 20 21:59:46 CEST 2008

I posted this question about a month and a half ago, but didn't get
any replies. I'm hoping that now that Nagios 3 has been out a bit
longer, there might be more options.

My company has been using nagios 2.x for some time, with the add-on
Nexsm for displaying a visual overview of the network "at-a-glance".
It was also useful for showing visitors (and management) what our
network was like cleanly and easily. Since Nagios 3 was released, and
we migrated over to it (for a number of reasons), nexsum no longer
works. The author says he'd like to add nagios 3 support, but he
doesn't have the time at the moment and may not anytime soon. So I am
looking for another option. Any suggestions?

I did look at nagvis a while back, but at least at that time it would
have required me to go through a very time-consuming process of
placing each host and each link on the layout manually, and then
adjusting the coordinates of each host and link in a configuration
file to make it look good. This process would have been prohibitively
time-consuming. I need something that can automatically place the
hosts and links on the map, and simply allow me to drag the hosts
around to position them. Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have
to offer!

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.