HOST - check is not working

Saulo Silva sauloaugustosilva at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:16:26 CEST 2008

Here some host example

define host{
       host_name                                hostname
       contact_groups                   1
       alias                                  hostname.fulname
       address                                  x.xx.xxx.xxx
       parents                     route1
       use                          generic-host-active
}

define host{
       host_name                                route1
       contact_groups                   1
       address                                  x.xx.xxx.xxx
       use                      generic-host-active
}

define  host{
       name                             generic-host-active
       register          0
       notification_options                             d,u,r
       check_command                            check-host-alive
       event_handler_enabled                            1
       flap_detection_enabled                           1
       notification_interval                            120
       notification_period                              full_week
       notifications_enabled                            1
       max_check_attempts                               4
}

define command{
       command_name                             check-host-alive
       command_line                     /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ping
-H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1
}

So that is it . That is a few services associated to the server if necessary
I can include that here .

Thanks for help

Saulo Silva