nagios - mysql - ndoutils

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Thu May 15 13:07:40 CEST 2008

>     There are many external applications that allow you to store
>     configurations in a database (Monarch, Fruity, others), but all of
>     them must export the data to flat file for nagios. Nagios does not
>     have any ability to read configuration information from a database.
>

> The ndomod/ndo2db seems to store a config there, but it's read still
> from flat files.
>
> I've previously posted a way to read hosts and services from LDAP in
> continuing work to allow Nagios to share config data with anything
> else (DNS, DHCP, etc) -- but I'm still looking for NEB-pertinent feedback.
> (http://tech.b.chickenandporn.com/2008/04/13/use-ldap-to-configure-nagios/)

yeap - now i have ndo running i see that the db is populated with the
host info etc - what i wonder is how can that info be extracted and the
flat files created again? I am trying to cover getting a master/slave
setup going and the mysql side of things is covered but i am trying to
figure out how to share the configuration without sharing disk. If that
were somehow extractable from within the db then this would be ideal.