nagios - mysql - ndoutils

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Wed May 14 23:07:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:

> On May 14, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Tom Brown wrote:
>
> > I am looking at trying to get the nagios config into a mysql db as i
> > am
> > going to be running a cluster setup.
> >
> > I see that ndoutils will enable me to get the logs and events from
> > nagios into a db but is there anything out there that will enable
> > config
> > to also be stored in a db ?
>
> There are many external applications that allow you to store
> configurations in a database (Monarch, Fruity, others), but all of
> them must export the data to flat file for nagios. Nagios does not
> have any ability to read configuration information from a database.

The ndomod/ndo2db seems to store a config there, but it's read still from
flat files.

I've previously posted a way to read hosts and services from LDAP in
continuing work to allow Nagios to share config data with anything else
(DNS, DHCP, etc) -- but I'm still looking for NEB-pertinent feedback.
(http://tech.b.chickenandporn.com/2008/04/13/use-ldap-to-configure-nagios/)

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish