Overriding interval_length for certain hosts/services

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu May 15 10:39:32 CEST 2008

Kim Christensen wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> Is it possible to override the default value of interval_length for
> certain hosts or services?
>
> I have a scenario where I need to check an HTTP service in shorter
> intervals than the other services, which now defaults to 60.

You mean you want to have checks run more frequently than every 60
seconds but since this is the interval_length you can only put 1 as the
minimum in your service definitions.

I changed my interval_length to 1 and then for each service specify it
in seconds. This is the only way that I think you can get checks more
frequent than once every 60 seconds.

In my opinion this should have been 1 by default and all service check
intervals should have been specified in seconds since it's not rocket
science to use numbers that are like 60, 120 or 3600 for various checks
remembering that those are 1min, 2mins and 1 hour respectively.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon