check_nt -v counter value question

Nicholas Magers Nicholas.Magers at lands.nsw.gov.au
Thu May 8 07:49:40 CEST 2008

I am using, on my windows 2003 server, nsclient++. For the check_nt
reference where it refers to the 'COUNTER' parameters it refers to
'float parameters'. This does seem to be working for me. I have added to
output from my Nagios server. I got the command line reference from
http://nagioswiki.com/wiki/index.php/Checking_NT_Services_with_Nagios.
It refers to using NSclient so maybe nsclient++ does not have the same
functionality.

Any help would be appreciated.

[root at srv-qs-nagiosp1 plugins]# ./check_nt -H srv-qs-sqlprd -p 12489 -v
COUNTER -l "\\SQLServer:Databases(_Total)\\Data File(s) Size (KB)","SQL
Server Databases Datafile size total is %.f" -w 5 -c 30

SQL Server Databases Datafile size total is 191552 | 'SQL Server
Databases Datafile size total is %.f'=191552.000000%;5.000000;30.000000;

COUNTER =

  Check any performance counter of Windows NT/2000.

  Request a -l parameters with the following syntax:

  -l "\\<performance object>\\counter","<description>

  The <description> parameter is optional and is given to a printf

  output command which requires a float parameter.

  If <description> does not include "%%", it is used as a label.

  Some examples:

  "Paging file usage is %%.2f %%%%"

  "%%.f %%%% paging file used."

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Department of  Lands.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.