high check latency, slow update of config on web interface

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed May 7 16:33:04 CEST 2008

The version of nagios you are using would be critical information. In
nagios 2.x, active host checks are run in serial, not in parallel and
are highly discouraged because they introduce significant latencies. In
3.x, they've been made to run in parallel. I'm guessing you're using
2.x. Nagios is primarily a service monitoring application and is
designed to monitor services. Host monitoring is typically only done on
an as-needed basis.

> Another problem is that after i update my config file, verify and
restart
> nagios, it takes 15 mins for the web interface to register the change.

Are you using ndoutils? With that few hosts and services the change
should be immediate. Do you see that your objects cache file contains
the new information? Do you have multiple nagios daemons running at the
same time?

> Are the 2 problems linked?

Not in any way that I've ever seen.

--