high check latency, slow update of config on web interface

#ANG CHIN TECK# ANGC0020 at ntu.edu.sg
Tue May 6 06:04:38 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am currently monitoring 50 hosts with no services, only pinging them.
perf info for these 50 hosts:
check interval: 10 mins
check duration: avg 4 s (5 pings)
but my check latency fluctuates alot (10s , 140s , 250s)

I am also monitoring 2 other hosts with 10 services.
perf info for these 10 services:
check interval: 1 min
check duration: avg 3s
check latency fluctuates (2s, 5s, 48s)

Why does the latency fluctuates so much?

Another problem is that after i update my config file, verify and restart nagios, it takes 15 mins for the web interface to register the change.

Under "view config", the change was not registered too.

Are the 2 problems linked?

Thanks.