Notification commands aren't parallelized?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed May 7 16:25:52 CEST 2008

It is based on personal experience.

> moving to 3.0.1.  Does anyone know if there are plans to parallelize
> the notification commands or if I have just missed something in the
> configuration?

Not that I've heard here or on nagios-devel. You might want to propose
it there as an RFE.

> I'm thinking that I will add a "&" to each notification command to
> just have them run in the background so that Nagios can continue its
> queue.  Does anyone see any potential issues with this or have any
> alternative solutions?

Seems plausible and I don't see any immediate reasons why it wouldn't
work but I'm not intimately familiar with the notification code. I'm
testing it out and will see what happens when my next notification is
supposed to go out.

--
Marc