Need help to config Nagios for several items...

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 31 19:18:02 CEST 2008

Hello Nagios users and lovers:

I have Nagios successfully running on a CentOS 5 system, keeping an eye on
two servers and two printers.

What I'd love to do next is augment what I have with monitoring such as:

- Hard drive health (SMART)

- Printer paper/toner status

- Specific services running on particular parts (i.e. port 9613/udp)

- Temperature of system(if possible)

- Network card activity (if multiple nics, has one failed or is a link
down and the NIC is good)?

How do I monitor these particulars, or do I need to obtain the specific
MIB for said device and see if that mib provides said details?

Thanks in advance.

Scott (love Nagios!)