Nagios fails pre-launch verification step; "Unexpected token or statement" in command.cfg

Marcel Hecko maco at maco.sk
Tue Mar 25 22:50:09 CET 2008

This should probably go to plugins maintainers since command.cfg which
is distributed with plugins actually contains that line:

root at fipad:~/dl/nagios-plugins-1.4.11# grep notify-by-email * -R

command.cfg.in:command[notify-by-email]=/bin/printf "$OUTPUT$" |
/bin/mail -s '$SERVICESTATE$ alert for $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$'
$CONTACTEMAIL$

command.cfg.in:command[host-notify-by-email]=/bin/echo -e "***** Nagios
*****\n\nHost "$HOSTALIAS$" is $HOSTSTATE$!\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n"
| /bin/mail -s 'Host $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$!' $CONTACTEMAIL$

Marcel Hecko
NAGIOS Consultancy, Slovakia