SMTP check

Justin Maloney justinm at honeycomb.net
Mon Mar 24 19:47:12 CET 2008

Anyone know of a way to test mail through-put with out sending an actual
message?  The SMTP plugin doesn't care what it gets for a reply so you
don't know if the server would have accepted the message.   Basically I
want to check every few hours if Hotmail, Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc. will
accept messages from my various mail servers with out having to get
accounts on each and clean up messages.   Since a lot of these companies
don't use open DNSBL lists I hopped someone else would have run into it.

Thank you,
Justin Maloney
Systems Administrator
Honeycomb Internet Services