Nagios Config Script

Russell Adams RLAdams at AdamsInfoServ.Com
Wed Mar 19 02:14:54 CET 2008

Nair,

I favor using SNMP for monitoring CPU/MEM/HDD/Processes. NACE can help
perform SNMP scans to detect disks to monitor, common processes you
wish to monitor, etc.

You can use a file of IP addresses for input, I like using DNS zone
transfers and regexps to sort out hosts by naming convention.

NACE is a toolkit for writing scripts to create and update
configurations. You'll have to pickup some scripting to perform most
types of automation.

There are some examples included, though the docs could be better.

Let me know if you have some specific questions, we can work through
some examples.

Thanks.