Website Permissions

Philipp Geschke nagios at pgmail.net
Tue Mar 18 16:27:35 CET 2008

Hi,

Gregory Wong schrieb:
> I am monitoring numerous companies within Nagios. One company wants to
> be able to login to see the status of their servers. I do not want them
> to see the status of other client servers. Is there a way to assign a
> login for them so that why they login they only see their servers?

I might be wrong, but I remember Nagios to being able to map HTTP User
and Hostgroup.

A user (instead of nagiosadmin) should be able to only see a hostgroup
with only the same name.

eg, Loginname: company1, hostgroup name: company1

I tried it once, it worked, but I don't have a sample at hand.
Maybe there is some kind of configuration switch, but it is possible.

> Also, does anyone know of any resources that talk about Nagios and SNMP
> along with how to implement it. I checked the Nagios website and it’s
> still a bit unclear. I’d like to check Cisco devices using SNMP.

There is the generic check_snmp plugin, that can to anything, for
switches / routers there's also plugins like check_bandwidth,
check_ifstatus, check_bgp, etc.

Have a look at http://www.nagiosexchange.org/ and http://nagiosplugins.org/