Retry interval on hard states

Tom Sommer mail at tomsommer.dk
Fri Mar 7 14:44:17 CET 2008

Hi,

I wish to setup the following check interval:

Check the service every 5 minutes
  -> If down then check the service every 1 minute for 3 minutes/times
   -> If still down, notify and continue to check the service every 1
minute until it recovers.

I'm having a few problems with the last condition. Basically once the
notification is sent, Nagios seems to revert to the "normal" check
interval, which is 5 minutes - resulting in a substantial delay for the
recovery notification to be sent.

My settings are:
max_check_attempts 3
check_interval 5
retry_interval 1

Did I miss anything or is the above simply not possible?

Using 3.0rc3

Thanks
--
Tom Sommer