Monitoring Unix servers CPU, memory and hard-disk

James E. Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Wed Mar 5 14:07:35 CET 2008

Kinda off-topic, but why on earth would you care much about memory
details on a Linux box? Most memory is cached, so output from, say,
"free" is kinda useless. (Not sure where that plugin gets it's info
though either?).. IMO You are much better off monitoring loadavg . (Or,
am I just losing it?)

Regards,
jp