Monitoring Unix servers CPU, memory and hard-disk

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Wed Mar 5 14:03:15 CET 2008

> Also, check_load and check_procs doesn't tell you the memory that is
> used or the memory that is free. What plugin can I use for that?

Check out
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Linux.55.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=
1149

Note that UNIX systems have different memory management systems and can
use, in the case of Linux, practically all spare memory for buffers and
cache to improve performance.

You will need to take this into account when choosing an appropriate
plugin.