question about nagios on solaris 10

Canhua dreameration at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:45:31 CET 2008

hello all

I am installing nagios on solaris 10. I have problem with svcadm. The
situation is as follows.

1. If I "svcadm enable" nrpe/tcp, the nrpe is indeed "online". However
if I try to telnet to nrpe port from localhost and monitoring server,
I both get :
||Trying *****
||Connected to *****.
||Escape character is '^]'.
||Connection to localhost closed by foreign host.

2.If I manually start nrpe from the command line
directly,(/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c ...),  then I could get
correct output on localhost, while still get same message on
monitoring server as in the case "1"( connected and then closed)

Could anyone help me to figure out where the problem lie? Thank you in advance.