Notifications

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Tue Mar 4 23:32:28 CET 2008

nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 03/04/2008 04:21:46
PM:

> Hi,
>
> I am unable to get nagios to send out notifications. I have postfix
> and mailx installed. I have checked all my settings and have been
> unable to get it to work. I check the mail log and it appears that the
> notification attempts have been made but I cannot receive the
> notifications.
>
> Kevin

It truly is vague question day on the list. If the messages are making it
to the maillog then it is most likely, in fact I am certain, not a Nagios
issue. I suspect it is somewhere in your mailer configuration. Without
more information there is precious little I can say. Check the Nagios logs
to see if they are sent from Nagios, check the maillog to see what is
happening there. If Nagios is sending them and they are making it to your
mailer then Nagios is working and your mailer needs troubleshooting.