ndo-utils not populating hostgroups

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jun 30 17:31:51 CEST 2008

On Jun 30, 2008, at 9:36 AM, Hoot, Joseph wrote:

> Marc,
>
> I don't see anything in hostgroups or servicegroups table:
>
> mysql> select * from nagios_hostgroups;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> select * from nagios_servicegroups;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql>
>
> I believe that it is setup to broker everything.  Here is what I
> have in
> nagios.cfg:
>
> broker_module=/netmon/nagios/bin/ndomod.o
> config_file=/netmon/nagios/etc/ndomod.cfg

How about event_broker_options?

# EVENT BROKER OPTIONS
# Controls what (if any) data gets sent to the event broker.
# Values:  0      = Broker nothing
#         -1      = Broker everything
#         <other> = See documentation

event_broker_options=-1

> output_buffer_items=10000         <-- I believe this wasn't the
> default.
> I bumped it up.

yes, 5000 is the default. Shouldn't matter in this case.

> buffer_file=/netmon/nagios/var/ndomod.tmp
> file_rotation_interval=14400
> file_rotation_timeout=60
> reconnect_interval=15
> reconnect_warning_interval=15
> data_processing_options=-1
> config_output_options=2

Same as mine. Nothing obviously wrong here...

--
Marc