Check_mrtgtraf

eandre at casadamoeda.gov.br eandre at casadamoeda.gov.br
Wed Jun 25 16:15:34 CEST 2008

WHAT I DON´T UNDERSTAND IS THAT WHEN I USE:

./check_mrtgtraf -F /var/www/mrtg/memswap.log -a MAX

I GET THIS ANSWER:

Traffic CRITICAL - Max. In = 217.0 B/s, Max. Out = 0.0
B/s|in=217.000000B/s;;;0.000000
in=0.000000B/s;;;0.000000

SO, HOW DO I TRANSLATE THIS TO THE CORRECT SYNTAX IN CHECK_MRTGTRAF!

  About Pre-flight check (/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
/etc/nagios/nagios.cfg)

  THAT´S WHAT I GOT:

Nagios 3.0.2
Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 05-19-2008
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Warning: Duplicate definition found for service 'cmbbkp01' on host
'Memory Usage' (config
file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg', starting on line
161)
Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking services...
       Checked 46 services.
Checking hosts...
       Checked 13 hosts.
Checking host groups...
       Checked 7 host groups.
Checking service groups...
       Checked 0 service groups.
Checking contacts...
       Checked 2 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
       Checked 2 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
       Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
       Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
       Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
       Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
       Checked 25 commands.
Checking time periods...
       Checked 5 time periods.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the
pre-flight check
cmbmonitor01:/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects # service nagios start
Starting nagios: done.

> Hello,
>
> you can test your nagios configs if you try:
>
> (you have to set correct path to nagios and the config)
>
> /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
>
> Perhaps you can post the output.
>
> You can find the plugin in you nagios libexec Folder.
> The service definition is ok, because the command definition looks
like that:

> # 'check_local_mrtgtraf' command definition
> define command{
>          command_name    check_local_mrtgtraf
>          command_line    $USER1$/check_mrtgtraf -F $ARG1$ -a $ARG2$
-w
> $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$ -e $ARG5$
>          }
>
> How do you try to connect to the remote machine?
> If you try to connect via ssh, you need the plugin on the remote
> machine, too.
>

> Steffen
>>
>> Gentlemen.
>>
>> I´ve been fighting with Nagios 3.0.2 on OpenSuse 10.3 while trying

>> to integrate MRTG and Nagios.
>>
>> I have followed the sample in Nagios docs which guides us to:
>>
>> define service{
>> use generic-service
>> host_name linksys-srw224p
>> service_description Port 1 Bandwidth Usage
>> check_command
check_local_mrtgtraf!/var/lib/mrtg/192.168.1.253_1.log!AVG!1000000,2000000!5000000,5000000!10