Questions about Nagios Looking Glass

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 01:39:36 CEST 2008

Hi Jonathan,

Firstly thanks for giving NLG a shot.  v1.1.0 stable will be out shortly
(hopefully this weekend) and does fix the issue you've noticed with Firefox.
Later versions of Firefox 2 stopped recognising NLG's ".css.tpl" files
as CSS stylesheets.  The easy fix is to rename all ".css.tpl" files (in
templates/default) to have a ".css" extension instead (except IIRC,
default.css.tpl as this isn't sent to the browser.)

You will then need to modify the references to these stylesheets in the
template (probably default.tpl) to look for the ".css" files intead of
".css.tpl".

There is no current way to exclude hosts that are in scheduled downtime
or have been acknowledged; this is on the cards for version 2.
However what you could do for now is when scheduling the downtime, or
acknowledging a problem, prefix the comment you put in Nagios with #NLG:
(e.g. "#NLG:Server will be down for 2 hours from 8pm tonight") and NLG
will display this in the "comments" section on the front screen.

HTH, regards,

Andy