Bunch of strange issues

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Jun 18 18:38:13 CEST 2008

Hi there, I finally got my installation of Nagios finished (hurray)

I'm having some fairly (what I would consider strange) issues with it however and I am wondering if anyone else has run into these particular problems:

[1213806661] Warning: The check of service 'SSH on Server B' on host 'ServerB' looks like it was orphaned (results never came back).  I'm scheduling an immediate check of the service...
[1213806661] Warning: The check of service 'MySQL Database on Server A' on host 'ServerA' looks like it was orphaned (results never came back).  I'm scheduling an immediate check of the service...
[1213806667] Warning: Check result queue contained results for service 'MySQL Database on ServerA' on host 'ServerA', but the service could not be found!  Perhaps you forgot to define the service in your config files?
[1213806787] Warning: Check result queue contained results for host 'ServerC', but the host could not be found!  Perhaps you forgot to define the host in your config files?
[1213806787] Warning: Check result queue contained results for host 'ServerD', but the host could not be found!  Perhaps you forgot to define the host in your config files?
[1213806787] Warning: Check result queue contained results for host 'ServerE', but the host could not be found!  Perhaps you forgot to define the host in your config files?

All of the services/hosts it mentions are listed in both the configuration files and in the Nagios web interface.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,
-Drew