check_hpasm error

Gerhard Lausser Gerhard.Lausser at consol.de
Tue Jun 17 21:18:19 CEST 2008

Hi Tom,

> UNKNOWN - hanging hpasmdcli processes
check_hpasm executes the hpasmcli command which connects to the hpasmd
daemon. If this daemon becomes unresponsive, hpasmcli just hangs. The next
run of check_hpasm detects this hanging process and exits with the above
error message. It would not make sense for the plugin to continue, as
another hpasmcli would also hang. I don't know the reason why the daemon
stops responding. Maybe an update of the system BIOS helps. In case of such
an alert the only known workaround is to restart hpasm with
/etc/init.d/hpasm restart.

Gerhard