NRPE host on Solaris 10 (now can monitor from server, but local issue on remote host)

Izz Abdullah izz_abdullah at inbox.com
Mon Jun 16 02:49:42 CEST 2008

The allowed hosts only has the local loopback : 127.0.0.1 which confuses me a bit as the monitoring server is allowed to get the information.  I would imagine it's being over-ridden by the hosts.allow file which allows the monitoring server IP in.

As for the tcp_wrappers...I haven't tried yet.  Will try soon and post back.  Any ideas on why i didn't have to allow the monitoring server IP in the allowed_hosts directive of nrpe.cfg?

Thanks again for all the assistance,
Izz