check_snmp_int.pl: over 100%?

Ford, Andy andrew.ford at wachovia.com
Tue Jun 10 19:26:08 CEST 2008

Actually, the "--prct" is the long options version of "-u" for percent
checks.

> But I must admit the help info on this plugin is not exactly clear. A
> number of options seem to be described in rather puzzling terms which
> are open to speculation of what is meant exactly. This may be due to
> translation errors.

It is complex and the help is ambiguous, no doubt. I'm finding, though,
that the effort of experimenting with the plugin to get what I wanted is
worthwhile.

The final answer to the "over 100%" problem was that the device being
queried (a Nokia firewall), was putting erroneous values into the
ifSpeed MIB, inserting kbs instead of bps. Vendor has a fix in a newer
OS.

Andrew Ford
Wachovia Corporate Information Security
314-955-6647 desk
314-600-7025 cell
andrew.ford at wachovia.com

Wachovia Securities, LLC's outgoing and incoming e-mails are electronically
archived and subject to review and/or disclosure to someone other
than the recipient.

A.G. Edwards, a division of Wachovia Securities, LLC