event handler question (if event handler is what I need?)

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jun 10 14:03:27 CEST 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 4:09 AM, Yaniv wrote:

> Hello Nagios users

Hello! Please send to this list using text/plain e-mail. Sending HTML
does not-so-wonderful things for the archives and for users who
receive the list via digest.

> I am new to nagios and have a question about event handlers… (if
> event handler is what I need?)

Yes, that sounds like just what you need.

> I would like a script that I have located at /root/scripts/test.sh
> to be executed if the hard drive get’s to the warning state and
> critical state…

Perfect, even down to running a script on the nagios box. Very
straigtforward.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/eventhandlers.html

--
Marc