Probelm with NSClient++

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Thu Jun 5 16:18:04 CEST 2008

________________________________

	From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Michael
Mukherji
	Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 2:39 AM
	To: Nagios Users Mailinglist
	Subject: [Nagios-users] Probelm with NSClient++

	Hello List

	I am using Nagios 3.0 to monitor few of my windows server using
the nsclient++ , I am monitoring services and memory + CPU utilization
with nsclient++, I get a critical alert saying  (Return code of 139 is
out of bounds) for the services and memory utilizations when ever the
service fails , sometimes it even gives false alert as when i login to
server i see that service running.

	Can anyone help me on this pls ?

	Also i would like to intregate nmap with nagios , to monitor
open ports as well for servers , has anyone any idea about the
feasibility /else is there any plugins available to check this !!

	regards

	Michael

Michael,

I can't say specifically what your NSclient++ issue is, but I can offer
the following.  I've seen this problem occur when I check something that
doesn't exist.  For example, I've had machines where I've used check_nt
on the server side to check the D: drive on a Windows box, but that D:
does not exist (I did this as part of a hostgroup check and one of those
hosts did not have a D: drive).

My best suggestion is to break down the command you're running from the
nagios side (check_nt or preferrably, check_nrpe) to this host and run
it to make sure it returns properly.  I find many of those
Windows-checking commands are complex enough that I can't be sure I have
them right until I've worked them out from the command-line first.

I don't know about nmap checking, but if you haven't already had a look
at Nagios Exchange (www.nagiosexchange.org).  Also, when I did a Google
search for "nagios nmap plugin" I got several reasonable-looking hits.

Mark